Followers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

what a week!

Friday, 19th September 2008
That evening, the ladies in OAS (cewah!) had our shopping spree in Mydin (jalan kaki je dari office) for tonight's events.
We bought sejadah, stationaries and some food for the kids.
OASians (reka je nama tu) had our buka puasa near our Director's house in Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Cheras.
In community hall to be exact.
Together with 26 anak yatim from nearby area.
My first time ever spending with orphans during Ramadhan.
I was happy to be there.
We did the 8 rakaat solat terawih there too.
Berpeluh masing-masing kat dewan tu.
Hehe.
Sedikit tazkirah after that.
Then, upacara menberi sumbangan pada anak-anak yatim.
And of course, I was part-time cameraman (or woman) during the event.
They look quite happy and pleased with the gift received.
Ada yang dapat baju raya (this one was gave by another group)


Saturday, 20th September 2008
Me and ummu has signed up to be apart of the event.
We drove to Senaling, Negeri Sembilan to be involved in Ramadhan bersama fakir miskin dan anak yatim.
We (kereta Encik Misdan, En Rahishan and me) gathered in Giant, Senawang before meeting up with Encik Zahar.
Had our Zohor prayer in Masjid Yam Tuan Raden in Senaling.
This event was also a cooperation with PAS Dun Senaling (think about the ibadat rather than the politic okay!)
Then, we were divided into three groups as there were three areas to be covered.
Average of 15 houses in each area.
We followed En Rudy and Megat (OASians) to give some sumbangan (hamper, beras and duit) in area Senaling.
We went from house to house dropping the gift.
For a while, I did felt a bit of in a Bersamamu TV programme.
Huhu.
I can't bear seeing the elder living alone.
It reminds me of my arwah nenek.
There was one particular house that we visit.
Which really touched me deep inside.
The gradma was living alone in a part of a house.
The house was burnt down years ago.
The only piece that were saved was the kitchen.
The kitchen basically the size of my small kitchen.
That is where she sleeps, she eats, she baths...everything there!
Basically, the bed, the washing machine, the fridge, the sink was all in a same room.
It almost brought me to tears.
I wanted to give more money to her.
Unfortunately I don't bring cash at the time.
I am a very sensitive person.
That's the main reason why I avoid watching Bersamamu.
To be apart of two amazing events was quite extraordinary experiences.

No comments: